Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cars and coffee 1/12/13

Attended the cars and coffee in McLean this morning since it warmed up into the 50s this weekend. Turnout was pretty good considering the fog and damp roads this morning. This weekend I went with neighbor Doug and his V8 Miata. The FR-S looks a bit porky next to a first gen Miata!

The highlight of the morning for me was when a Triumph TR6 rolled in. This car holds special memories as it was the "cool car" in our family when I was a little boy. Not this exact one, but one of the same color. I poked my head in this one and breathed deep and the smell was exactly the same as I remembered. Its amazing the memories and nostalgia something like that can trigger. I am starting to realize why so many old timers roll up to these shows in cars they had when younger. Its probably a good thing this one wasn't for sale! 

I'll post up comments on the Nameless Exhaust soon now that I've commuted with it for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment