Monday, January 21, 2013

Sad day for the FR-S

Yesterday was a sad day for the car. After a nice Sunday drive I headed home at a leisurely pace on highway 7 east back towards Leesburg. As the bypass hits the first traffic signal I slowed down as I've done hundreds if not thousands of times in this car. I came to a complete stop and sat... then after about 5-10 seconds the dash lights up. The dreaded CEL/SL (check engine light/slip light) issue that almost kept me from buying the FR-S in the first place. But friends reminded me that's what a warranty is for and I went ahead and got it. Sitting here in a dealer waiting room where they won't offer a loaner for bringing in a car that probably shouldn't be driven with those lights on... well there is a sting of regret there. We will see how it goes.

The code thrown by the car was P0017. This is one if the known codes for the issue with this car. I also reported my fuel pumps tendency to chirp or whine at idle when warm which is annoying. As I rolled into the scion dealer I just hit 4k miles on the car. Its an awesome car. Just plagued with some serious problems.  The jury is still out if this car is a keeper or just a fling.

No comments:

Post a Comment