Friday, September 21, 2012

First "Mod" Arrived

Unfortunately Virginia requires front license plates.  This is a pretty stupid law, but the law is the law.  The front end of the FR-S is beautiful. Thankfully since I ordered the car well in advance I was able to keep the dealer from drilling holes in the bumper.  But, that left me with figuring out how to mount the front plate.  I researched various options to zip tie the plate and/or plate bracket to the front end but felt that these would block too much airflow on a car that seemed to run on the hot side normally.  Instead I checked out the offset mounting options sold by Perrin and Grimmspeed.  I decided on the Grimmspeed mount and it arrived today!  The plate mounts to the front tow hook on the passenger side.  I'm going to hold off installing until the plate arrives from the DMV.  I wish I could go no plate, but this bright red car gets enough attention as it is!

The package from GrimmSpeed below.  Their customer service, packaging, and communication of order and shipping status were first rate.  Truly one of the better companies I've ordered from in a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment