Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Go West

Had a busy day at work, had a hard time focusing once exhausted towards end of day.  How to regain focus?  Well, it was 69 degrees outside, no clouds, and if I hit the road before 4 I could avoid some NoVa traffic.  I headed West into rural Loudoun county to get some fresh air, curves and country.  Something about tree-canopied roads is just awesome.

The FR-S is at home on these roads.  I did not push it.  It's still break in.  And driving like a moron on public roads isn't my thing.  But there's nothing wrong with a quick corner here and there, keeping on the proper side of center.  My FR-S came with all season tires, and I'm just not sure what they can do yet, or when they'll give up grip at speed.  Body roll is well controlled side to side.  Pitch and dive from front to back is also well damped.  There's something pretty special about driving this car.  I'll be able to put it into words eventually.  Days like today were waiting for a car like this, for me.

Pic from the westward journey to clear my mind.


2 comments:

  1. Hey... get both hands on the wheel and stop snapping photos with your phone at 54 MPH! :-) I've heard of txt'ing and driving being a problem, but paparazzi driving takes it to a whole new level!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete